Powder Brows are created with a micropigmentation machine and it is recommended for customers that want a soft or darker ombre makeup look. This procedure is also recommended for customers that are not good candidates for microblading due to either previous permanent makeup, large pores or oily skin.
Usually Microblading is done in two sessions. The first takes two to three hours. In the first session, the brow is shaped and styled to the client’s preference, and pigment is applied.. Four to six weeks later, the client returns for the second session for touch up, This takes one to two hours.
It takes about ten days for healing. In that time any redness will fade and the initial darkness of the eyebrows will begin to lighten. The color will lighten over about thirty days as it completely sets in.
Touch up is necessary because everyone heals differently and therefore the outcomes vary. Sometimes it is necessary to adjust the color and brow thickness by adding more strokes. In the touch up session, the final adjustments are made to assure the client’s satisfaction.
This is not recommended because the healing needs to be completed before the final results are seen. Final adjustments should only be done after the initial work has stabilized.
The level of discomfort is relatively minor. Some liken it to tweezing two to three hairs at the same time. Usually a topical anesthetic is used to numb the area being worked. Topical anesthetics are safe and may contain lidocaine, tetracaine and epinephrine.
Redness and slight swelling in the area is common after the procedure. Often clients liken the feeling to a slight sunburn. Frequently Tylenol is used to deaden any discomfort.
Generally Microblading lasts six to eighteen months, depending on skin type…normal, oily, or dry and age…young or mature. It is not permanent like a tattoo, because the pigments are not implanted so deeply into the skin. Skincare also affects the duration of the pigments. To maintain the brows, touch may be done every six to eighteen months.
- Prior to the start of your session, avoid alcohol, aspirin, ibuprofen and any vitamins for seventy-two hours. Sometimes these have the effect of thinning your blood.
- Avoid tanning to allow your natural skin tone to be assessed.
- Gently clean brows using a Q-tip lightly moistened with water.
- Gently wipe away Skin Candy (healing balm) and any lymphatic liquid (clear yellowish buildup) that may have occurred on the skin.
- Re-apply skin candy (healing balm) after lightly cleaning with a tissue.
- Apply a light layer of skin candy morning and night to brows for five to seven days.
- Do not over apply Skin Candy.
- Do not immerse brows in water for two weeks.
- Avoid face area when showering.
- When washing your face, make sure to avoid brows.
- Do not use makeup on the brows for up to two weeks.
- Avoid alcohol, aspirin, ibuprofen and vitamins that may cause your blood to thin for twenty-four hours.
- Do not peel or scratch at the scabbing as your brow area heals.
- No swimming, tanning or saunas for two weeks.
- No face scrubs or chemical peels for two weeks.
- Those using Accutane
- Anyone with a heart condition or is using heart medications
- Anyone with diabetes will need a physician’s approval.
- Anyone with skin diseases or inflammations.
- Anyone who had Botox in the last two weeks.
- Anyone who has gotten a deep tan or chemical peel in the last two weeks.
- Anyone who requires anesthetic and is allergic to lidocaine, tetracaine, or epinephrine.
- Anyone with serious medical conditions should consult with their doctors and obtain their approval.
- Anyone pregnant or nursing should get their doctor’s approval.
- Anyone on blood thinning medications.
Proper procedures and precautions are used to ensure safe procedures. Either sterilized tools or disposable tools are used in a sanitized environment. When pre and post care instructions are followed the risk of complications are minimal. Allergic reactions to pigments are very rare, but sometimes occur. For this reason, a pigment patch test for those with sensitive skin or to topical makeup product, gold , silver, nickel, or hair dyes should be patch tested a few days in advance of the procedure.
Carefully choose your practitioner. Compare the work of various artists before choosing. Discuss your expectations and desired outcome, including the shape, style, and color you wish with the artist. Realize that faces are never perfectly symmetrical. Adjustments may be made during touch up, such as pigment discoloration and color correction. Remember that Microbladed brows will eventually fade away if touch ups are not done.